Five missing sailors from "Dalny Vostok" trawler declared dead

Photo

Thus, the number of the wreck victims has risen to 62 people, 7 fishermen are missing

Five residents of the Sakhalin region who have gone missing are declared dead, the press service of the Sakhalin region government reports.

In this regard, their families will also receive 1 million rubles from the regional budget in the coming days. Thus, the total number of the dead is 62 people, 7 people are missing.

Earlier on Friday, it became known that the data on the number of the wreck victims were not accurate. The head of maritime rescue coordination sub-center FSI "Administration of the seaport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky" Arthur Retz said to "Interfax" that in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, where the victims were taken to, it was found that there were two bodies in one container.

As explained by the representative of the Far Eastern Regional Emergency Center, the EMERCOM plane brought the bodies of 15 sailors from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to Vladivostok.

The active searching of the sailors stopped on Thursday. Now, the missing fishermen will be searched for by the ships passing in the Sea of Okhotsk.

All the 17 Sakhalin residents survived in the wrack have been paid 200 thousand rubles from the budget of the Sakhalin region, 12 victims families have received 1 million rubles each.

The "Dalny Vostok" trawler sank in the Sea of Okhotsk on the night of April 2. There were 132 people aboard, 63 sailors were rescued.

The Investigation Committee says that they already know the causes of the tragedy. In particular, the investigators point out that there was a large number of illegal immigrants on board.

Text by INTERFAX.RU

Pictures by Reuters