Prosecutor to appeal decision on "Tannhauser" director case

Photo

The prosecutor's office of Novosibirsk will appeal the decision of the court to terminate the administrative case against the director of the opera "Tannhauser" Timofey Kulyabin and the director of the Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theatre Boris Mezdrich. Deputy Prosecutor of Novosibirsk Igor Stasyulis said this to TASS.

"Of course, we intend to appeal the decision, but I haven`t seen it yet, the appeal against the decision is not ready yet. We will definitely appeal," said Deputy Prosecutor.

He added that an appeal may be filed to court as early as on Monday, March 16.

On March 12, it became known that Kulyabin would stage the performance at the Bolshoi Theatre.

On March 10, the Magistrate Court of the Central District of Novosibirsk justified the director of the opera and the Theater director, who had been accused of insulting the religious feelings of believers in Richard Wagner's opera "Tannhauser" staged at the local theater.

"Tannhauser" opened on December 20, 2014. Kulyabin transferred the action to the present-day period. The protagonist of the performance is a film director Heinrich Tannhauser who is shooting a film "Grotto of Venus". Spectators learn that this film is about the early years of Jesus Christ, which were allegedly spent in the grotto of Venus, where he enjoyed carnal pleasures. A movie poster shown on the stage depicts Jesus placed between woman's legs.

Text and pictures by Lenta.ru